The Radiology Department of Dhulikhel Hospital has been providing services since its establishment. The services have been expanded each year. Recently the department has started providing digital radiography services through the support of non project Grant of Government of Japan.
Department of radiodiagnosis and imaging is one of the busiest and also the key departments of Dhulikhel Hospital. We provide services concerning general radiography including portable radiography, special radiographic procedures, sonography and few interventional services.
Radiography- We perform above 25000 radiographs every year including portable radiographs. Chest radiography is the commonest radiograph sought by the referring doctors followed by orthopedic radiographs. We have recently added computed radiography. Digital radiography started even earlier (since March 22nd, 2010). We have started networking services so that images can be directly viewed on the desktop of the referring doctor’s room since August 2012.
Ultrasound- We perform over 10000 cases every year. It is in fact, one of the busiest departments in the entire hospital. Most common area we look into is abdomen followed by obstetrics scan. We also regularly perform ultrasound guided procedures. TRUS and TVS have recently been added in our regular services. Soon we are also starting TRUS guided biopsy of prostate gland; one of the most commonly performed procedures across the globe.
| 128 slice Siemens Somatom perspective CT Scan:
- We perform routine CT Cases ( Head, Neck, Orbit, Chest, Abdomen)
- CT angiogram (Cerebral, Carotid, Coronary and peripheral angiogram)
- CT Perfusion Imaging for brain
- CT Urogram
- CT Virtual Bronchoscopy and colonoscopy, CT enterography and enteroclysis
- CT myelogram
- Various CT guided proccedures like FNAC, biopsy including transpedicular vertebral biopsy
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- This MRI has got all possible latest software available till today.