The vision of the Simulation and Interactive Learning Center (SILC) at Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathmandu University is to create a centralized system that facilitates simulation-based, high-quality training opportunities for our healthcare professionals, students, staff, and community members. Here at Dhulikhel Hospital, we believe that patient safety is of the utmost importance. Simulation-based education is the “gold standard” of medical education in healthcare institutions around the world as it allows training participants to practice skills and gain confidence without risking human lives or well-being.
Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathmandu University is the first and only hospital in Nepal to have a simulation-based training center.
The main objectives of SILC are:
• Provide facilities for conducting simulation-based training across all departments at Dhulikhel Hospital
• Maintain an updated inventory of functional training equipment available for use by all departments
• Foster collaborations between departments through joint training held in SILC
• Offer Simulation Instructor Courses to instructors from all departments
• Host bi-weekly Basic Life Support (BLS) training course for all hospital staff
• Host frequent information sessions on reproductive health for high school students from Kavrepalanchowk district
• Actively document training practices across all departments at Dhulikhel Hospital in order to improve the standards of care on a hospital-wide level