The Department of Otorhinolaryngology in Dhulikhel hospital started OPD services in 2005 with the main aim to provide preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services to those in need. The department now has 13 bedded inpatient services. The department is providing outpatient services to nearly 150 patients per day. It currently provides inpatient, outpatient, operative, and emergency services around the clock.
The department runs the regular outpatient clinics on working days from nine till four in the afternoon.
Procedures done :
1. Wax removal
2. IG packing
3. Chemical cauterization for epistaxis
4. Removal of foreign body in ear and nose
5. Anterior nasal packing
6. Flexible nasopharyngolaryngoscopy
7. Vertigo test
8. Incision and drainage of abscesses
9. Keloid excision
10. Ear lobe repair
11. Major and minor dressings
12. Audiological tests- Pure Tone Audiometry, Tympanometry, Otoacoustic emissions, BERA
13. Sleep test(Polysomnography)